Guidance Counselor Corner
At WHSAT our mission is for students to achieve optimal personal growth, acquire positive social skills and values, set informed career goals and realize their full academic potential to become productive, contributing members of the world community.
Counselor supports include providing:
- Individual student academic planning and goal setting supported by scheduling and transcript audits
- Assistance navigating crisis and emergency situations
- Classroom lessons based on student success standards and college and career readiness
- Information of college admissions, the scholarship and financial aid application process and entrance into the job market.
- Short-term group or individual counseling and referrals for long-term support
- Collaboration with families/teachers/ administrators/ community for student success
- Advocacy for students at individual education plan meetings and other student-focused meetings
- Data analysis to identify student issues, needs and challenges